the boat, the bridge and the bigot
Tuesday, June 03, 2008
mood: perplexed
listening to: swivelling fan
some wounds don't heal. or maybe they do, except that unforgiving suckers for pain (like myself), subliminally enjoy picking at them over and over again.
does death settle the score? or will it be a cause for regret, knowing that the bridge can no longer be rebuilt?
i started thinking bout my grandfather (who passed away almost 12 years ago) today. i miss him. in my childhood innocence, he was my refuge. forever patient, forever kind, forever a willing listener - even to my most meandering thoughts, forever a comfort.
a friend once pointed out to me, that grandparents are akin to a sanctuary away from home, away from your own parents. the final hiding place.
so what happens when a breach of trust occurs, even in this final safe haven?
for me, i have yet to find a recourse.
2 Comments:
"If Only. Those must be the two saddest words in the world."
- Mercedes Lackey
I believe anyone with a heart would mull over the faults they've committed. Whether they admit or amend it is an entirely different thing. With time, it either is pushed away or ends up gnawing away.
Betrayal causes despair, but the only thing worse than despair is indifference, and the only certainty in life is death.
Remorse on the other hand...
Would you be able to live with it, allowing another to die with it?
Ps. Sorry...had a lot of spare time on my hands. I know I'm certainly in no position to judge, but I thought I'd share.
- J
dude.
if you're not gonna reveal your blog to me, i'm afraid i'll have to BAN you from posting comments!! :P
Post a Comment
<< Home