mt. molehill

Wednesday, May 21, 2008

mood: indifferent
listening to: float on - modest mouse

i have not been particularly inspired of late, but somehow i felt a post was due. hrm.

sooo.....

general updates:

  • went to kuching for albert and serina's wedding (it was beautiful!)

  • went to the KL dinner reception as well (this was great as well =) )

  • played some scrabble

  • been eating a lot

  • haven't been going to the gym

  • caught up with lils and cubes

  • watched ironman (good stuff!)

  • took my first chinese brush painting lesson

  • sang on stage in front of a small live audience in the middle of a hotel lounge for a friend's birthday (looking back, i have no idea what possessed me...gulp*)

am i bored with life? yes. somewhat.

do i have a right to complain? no. because i'm here because of the choices i have made.

anyway, i've come to realise that i really need to be a lot more considerate of other people's feelings. to put myself in their shoes and to try to look at things from their perspective.

it is so easy to say one thing from where you're standing - proclaiming it to be a reasonable, objective and mature view point (and it probably is, in absolute), without realising that you'd probably say otherwise (whether or not this "otherwise" is equally reasonable, objective and/or mature is irrelevant) if you were standing in their shoes instead.

***

dear j, i hope whatever it is that is bugging you and which you can't tell me, gets sorted out soon.

3 Comments:

At 18:32, Anonymous Anonymous said...

^^ Surprise surprise.

Mucho appreciation for the concern J. It'll work out eventually. I can't be bothered with it in the meantime. It's more like a thorn in my side now, in the sense that once I pull it out, the more I'll be bleeding but eventually it must be done to prevent further infection. Either way, I lose. Sorry I can't share my secret yet. In time dear, I will.

Take care of yourself. Know that I'll always be happy to receive your sledge-hammering with good grace. "Thank you sir, may I have another!"

Love,
J

PS. I love your tofu. For the life of me I couldn't figure it out and left it as an amoeba in the back of my thoughts for the longest time. Now I know better.

 
At 03:14, Blogger j said...

awwwww....what a sweetiepie you are! :P

so cryptic la u...thorn in side, bleeding..bla bla bla...

anyway, where's that "thank you sir, may i have another?" supposed to be from?

and you know what? i think you're the only one who truly appreciates my tofu (even if it did take you forever to figure it out!) :P

anyway, back to more important things - in the words of the wise bellboy/waiter from the movie "my best friend's wedding" - "this too, shall pass."

hugs*

 
At 05:41, Anonymous Anonymous said...

WAHAHAHAHAHAH... Those wise words of yours... yes like all things, it will pass. Unfortunately I'm not ready to divulge anything although I will say I'm in the midst of pulling out the thorn.

Yeah I love your tofu...but I also love the slit mouthed woman.

"Thank you sir, may I have another" originated from the 1978 movie, "Animal House" during one of the sorority initiations but as I don't remember the movie much, it's most likely that I got it from the Simpsons. There's an episode where they talk about a cult called "The Stonecutters" and Mr. Burns was lower ranked than Lenny in that episode. He was the one who said the phrase when Lenny kicked him in the butt.

Yum cha soon!! I need to release stress by venting my secre...I mean my cigarette smoke quietly and having you watch me. Or sledgehammer me. Whichever's fine.

I predict I shall call you tomorrow for yumcha. Wanna bet?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home